Friday, November 26, 2010

Retrievers don't care about that!

Well, if you have a couple of fiesty retrievers, pretty sure they don't care if you have an affliction.  They say, just take us and all will be better! I wish I could bottle up their energy, happiness and love and keep some for myself.   For my particular girls, being them means speeding around a field or in the woods looking for a stick to carry, jumping in ponds or black suckermud they might find, retrieving birds and bumpers, riding in the front seat instead of the dogbox, having themselves a popcorn eating contest, and laying around waiting for me to take them back out again...

If I am having an MS problem, they like to help fix it by jumping not so carefully upon me while I am stuck on the couch.  They are sure that by rooting around in my neck while wallowing on top of me I will be instantly cured.  Sometimes they are right!  Probably if I didn't have them I would sink into self pity and have nothing to look forward to...

Last winter when all my troubles started, I had decided to quit training dogs.  It made me sad to think they wouldn't get to sit on the mat looking out at the gunners.  But I was so dizzy and falling down.  I could't stand the look on my training partners faces when I had problems walking.  I was so confused also...  I sold my wingers when I was on medication, and am so mad at myself for doing that.  What an idiot!  I will never be able to afford new ones....  Anyway, I got stronger, got used to the medication and started training again...

Dogs don't care if you are sick, so get over it, and get back out.... 

2 comments:

  1. Alright Dedeye, what the heck is a "winger?"
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHA! A winger is a giant slingshot used for throwing birds or bumpers...
    http://www.zingerwinger.com/

    ReplyDelete